A team of medical specialists* is ready to provide suggestions to help patients, caregivers and families make informed decisions about care and treatment options for pancreatic cancer. It is important to include all relevant information regarding your question and/or diagnosis. Please note, they are unable to make a diagnosis through this e-mail service.
Every pancreatic cancer patient should receive a referral to a HPB surgeon (Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary surgeon) and a medical oncologist, in this order, after a pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Referrals should be made to physicians who are trained and experienced in treating pancreatic cancer patients.
How to use our “Ask a Doctor” program
Before using our “Ask a Doctor” program, it is important to understand the difference between a question and a second opinion.
- If you are asking a question, we can answer your question.
- If your question is actually looking for a second opinion, we can help you locate a specialist near you. Every patient has the right to ask for a second opinion.
- Disease questions
- Treatment options
- Second opinions
- Wait times
- Diagnostic assessments
- Post diagnosis
A second opinion is often sought when you or your loved one has received a pancreatic cancer diagnosis and are now deciding on your individualized treatment and you would like more than one point of view. Second opinions offer choice and they also will help you feel confident about the treatment plan suggested. You may want to seek a second opinion for:
- A review of scans.
- Questions on recommended treatment.
- Questioning your diagnosis.
- Clarification on what your physician has told you.
If you require a second opinion, we can help you locate a specialist closest to you:
- City and province you live in.
- Current name of physician or specialist.
- What you would like to know more about.
*We would like to thank and acknowledge the following medical specialists for volunteering their time and expertise to this program. They are all passionate advocates for patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
Basic Research Consultant