We are looking forward to our next ride from May 27 – June 2, 2024, with a virtual option for those not in Southern Ontario or who would prefer to join from home. Last year, 7 Days had over 40 in-person and virtual riders raising a whopping $180,000, bringing the lifetime grand total to over $1.6 million for pancreatic cancer research!
Why do we ride for pancreatic cancer? Because the statistics are staggering:
- Pancreatic cancer has the highest mortality rate of all major cancers.
- The 5-year relative survival rate is 10%. That means that 90% of Canadians diagnosed with pancreatic cancer will die.
- 70% of patients do not survive past the first year.
- For these patients and their families, a pancreatic cancer diagnosis is traumatic and brings overwhelming day-to-day and emotional challenges.
- Pancreatic cancer is currently the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths in Canada, yet it continues to be underfunded, overlooked, and outpaced in research.
It’s time to change these statistics. It’s time for survival, not sympathy.
Cycling carries inherent risks, including the possibility of accident, injury, and/or death. You should consider speaking to your insurance professional(s) about purchasing first party insurance to protect yourself against these risks and their consequences.
Follow 7 Days on Social Media
The distance and duration (sometimes up to 8 hours in the saddle per day over a full week) makes for a very different ride. You’ll create great memories and make friends-for-life on an emotional, fulfilling and energizing journey that is also a physical and mental achievement.
Get In Touch
Whether you are interested in volunteering, have questions about the ride, or are looking to get involved as a sponsor or partner – we want to hear from you! Please contact:
Senior Manager, Events and Business Development
(416) 548-8077 ext. 1001