World Pancreatic Cancer Day
On November 21, 2019 and throughout the month of November, join us in raising critical awareness for the world’s toughest cancer.
As of this year, pancreatic cancer is the third leading cause of cancer related death in Canada with a mortality rate of 92%. It is imperative to raise awareness of the symptoms and risk factors for this disease so it can be diagnosed quicker and more lives can be saved.
World Pancreatic Cancer Day
with over 80 organizations committed to fighting this disease.
coming together to encourage education and awareness on this and every day.
to raise awareness of risk factors and symptoms to save more lives.
What is World Pancreatic Cancer Day?
World Pancreatic Cancer Day is an annual global event happening the third Thursday in November (November 21, 2019) where people the world over work to collectively raise awareness, stand together in hope and remembrance, and raise a united voice to demand better for those affected by this disease.
How You Can Participate
In order to spread awareness about pancreatic cancer risk factors and symptoms to more Canadians this World Pancreatic Cancer Day, we need your help. There are so many ways you can participate, share potentially life-saving knowledge, and connect with a community of others at home and around the world to demand better for pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Organize a Community Event – On World Pancreatic Cancer Day, during awareness month, or any other time of year, you can create an event in your community to raise awareness for pancreatic cancer and funds to advance advocacy, support services and innovative research. Learn more.
- Municipal Proclamation – You can ask your town or city to make a Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month proclamation during council proceedings to officially recognize this disease and its significance for members of the community.
- Make it Purple – Ask your local businesses, landmarks, or members of your community to light up purple on World Pancreatic Cancer Day or throughout the month of November. You can also ask local businesses to display a signs and symptoms poster or fact sheet in their window, or wear purple on the 21st.
- Donate – Help us raise visibility for this disease by giving to Pancreatic Cancer Canada today. Your gift will help support research, awareness initiatives and collaborative advocacy partnerships that spark a conversation and educate the public on a national and international scale. Give today.
- Share and Join the Conversation – Follow us on social media and share awareness materials from our resources library (also available below), pancreatic cancer news or your own story related to pancreatic cancer. Be sure to use the hashtags #demandbetter, #pancreaticcancer and #wpcd.
Do you have plans for World Pancreatic Cancer Day or want to be involved but don’t know where to start? We’re here to help. We’re happy to brainstorm with you, provide resources and answer any questions you might have.
Contact Leah Fearman, Philanthropy Coordinator at email@example.com or (416) 548-8077.
Photo courtesy of Sharon MacSween in Cape Breton Regional Municipality, NS.
Do you have pictures of your community lit up purple? We’d love to see them! Send them to Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us and our community online.
We couldn’t reach as many Canadians or people around the world without dedicated supporters like you who are motivated to demand better for pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to create awareness of this disease. Your participation is critical to our goal, and might just save a life.
*For the best experience with this webpage, please view on a desktop browser.
Pancreatic Cancer Canada
508-36 Eglinton Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4R 1A1
Charitable Registration Number 84870 1967 RR0001